HP Officejet 8500 Driver Download, Wireless Setup, Reviews, Manual Instructions, Scanner Driver Software Download For Mac, Linux, Windows – You cannot fault it for functions. HP’s Officejet Pro 8500 allows you fax or e-mail records straight from the printer, provides Duplex printing and also can be linked to a network through Ethernet. The version below is cordless, allows Duplex scanning as well as has a 3.5-inch color touchscreen.HP has actually enhanced the paper feeder, with web pages currently drawn from the center rather than the sides for fewer jams. You could include a 2nd feeder tray if you desire. The 8500 flaunts a 20% smaller sized impact compared with precursors, as well as gauged versus color all-in-one printer, we’re guaranteed it’s 50% more affordable to run and also utilizes half the power.
HP claims its Officejet array isn’t really that perfect for picture printing, yet the 8500 executed alright. It does not have the vibrancy of a specialized picture printer as well as does not deal with strong colors so well, yet message printing is strong as well as clear, also at really nadir sizes.Our 20-page examination file published in one min, 46 secs making use of Sneak peek’s common setups, which is outstanding. It xeroxes with quality, though loses it a little on extremely limited parallel lines. Establishing a cordless link is basic.
The HP Officejet Pro 8500 Wireless likewise has the difference of being among the very first printers to receive the PCMag.com GreenTech Accepted seal. It is RoHS and also REACH certified, as well as Power Celebrity 1.0 certified. (HP states it anticipates that the printer will certainly likewise be Power Celebrity 1.1 certified, yet that presumes the demands that are presently anticipated do not alter in the last Power Celebrity variation.) The LED light in the scanner gets rid of lost power for a workout and also is mercury complimentary. Also much better, there’s a reusing program for both the printer as well as ink cartridges, without out-of-pocket expenses for either.
The printer additionally racked up sensibly well on our dry runs, specifically for terminating a print work. The terminate command takes just one switch press, as well as printing, quit right away on my examinations, without wasting any kind of extra paper or ink as soon as I terminated the task. Printing a 12-page Word documents in duplex setting took a touch over 3 times as long as printing in simplex– at 3:21 compared to 59 secs– mainly due to the fact that, just like any kind of inkjet, the printer needs to stop to allow the ink completely dry on the very first side prior to printing on the 2nd side.One last plus that needs a reference is an especially reduced declared running price, at 1.6 cents each black-and-white web page as well as 7.2 cents each shade web page. That’s equivalent with– and also for black-and-white web pages below– the 2.3 cents as well as 6.9 cents that Kodak asserts as a significant marketing factor for its line of AIOs. Print sufficient web pages and also the running price could make the HP Officejet Pro 8500 Wireless less costly to have in the future compared to a less-expensive AIO with a greater price each web page. HP Officejet 8500 Driver Download and manual
Recommended: HP LaserJet 2000 Driver Download
Operating Systems HP Officejet Pro 8500 :
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit) / Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit) / Microsoft Windows 7 (32-bit) / Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)/ Microsoft Windows 8 (32-bit) / Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit) / Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit) / Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit) / Microsoft Windows Vista (32-bit) / Microsoft Windows Vista (64-bit) / Microsoft Windows XP (32-bit) / macOS 10.13 / Mac OS X 10.10 / Mac OS X 10.11 / Mac OS X 10.12 / Mac OS X 10.9
SPEC DATA Officejet 8500:
|Maximum native print resolution||4,800×1,200dpi|
|Max optical resolution||2,400×4,800dpi|
|Output bit depth||48-bit|
|Quoted speed, mono A4||35ppm|
|Quoted speed, colour A4||34ppm|
Tested Print Speeds
|Time for two 10x8in photos 1.0||6m 5s|
|Time for six 6x4in photos 1.0||9m 50s|
Physical and Environmental
|Standard printer interfaces||USB, PictBridge USB, 10/100 Ethernet, 802.11b/g wireless|
|Optional printer interfaces||Bluetooth adaptor (Q6273A), £15|
|Noise (in normal use)||59dB(A)|
|Duty cycle||15,000 pages|
|Power consumption standby||5W|
|Power consumption idle||7W|
|Power consumption active||35W|
|Maximum paper size||A4/legal|
|Maximum paper weight||250gsm|
|Standard paper inputs||1|
|Standard paper input capacity||250|
|Maximum paper inputs||2|
|Maximum paper input capacity||500|
|Duplex (code, cost if option)||Yes|
|Printer technology||thermal inkjet|
|Supported operating systems||Windows 2000/XP/XP-64/Vista/Vista-64, Mac OS X 10.4.11+, Linux|
|Other inkjet features||3.5in touchscreen, automatic print head alignment|
|Other inkjet options||250 sheet paper tray CB802A, £TBC|
|Consumable parts and prices||HP 940XL 2,200 page black C4906AE, £20, HP 904XL 1400 page cyan C4907AE, magenta C4908AE, yellow C4909AE, £12 each, HP 940 print heads black & yellow C4900A, cyan & magenta C4901A, £35 each|
|Price per colour A4 page||2.6p|
|Quoted life of supplied black cartridge||1000 pages (ISO/IEC 24711)|
|Quoted life of supplied colour cartridge(s)||900 pages (ISO/IEC 24711)|
|Quoted life of supplied photo cartridge(s)||N/A|
|Warranty||one year RTB|
|Number of ink colours||4|
|Number of ink cartridges||4|
|Maximum number of ink colours||4|
|Maximum number of cartridges||4|
Tested Scan Speeds
|Full scan area preview||15s|
|A4 document at 150dpi||11s|
|A4 document at 300dpi||36s|
|6x4in photo at 600dpi||42s|
|6x4in photo at 1200dpi||3m 20s|
Tested Copy Speeds
|Time for single A4 mono copy 1.0||22s|
|Time for single A4 colour copy 1.0||26s|
|Time for 10 A4 copies using feeder 2.0||2m 8s|
|Borderless printing||up to A4|
|Direct (PC-less) printing||Yes|
|Supported memory cards||CF, SD, SDHC, MMC, Memory Stick Pro, xD|
|Maximum number of copies||99|
|Max mono copy resolution||1,200x600dpi|
|Max colour copy resolution||1,200x600dpi|
|Max mono fax resolution||300x300dpi|
|Fax memory (maximum mono pages)||125|
HP Officejet 8500 Printer Setup on Windows Computer:
For some people, setting up a printer on a computer can be a hassle. This article will explain how to set up your HP Officejet 8500 printer to a computer with Windows operating system. Every printer should have a driver CD in its packages, so make sure you check it before.
- Insert the CD that came in the package
- Follow the installation wizard
- Once its finish, test your printer to make sure it’s working
There is also an option to set up your HP Officejet 8500 without installing extra software by following the steps below:
Connect your printer via USB cable.
- A new window will occur, then choose to Add a printer icon.
- A Windows Printer Wizard will appear, then click Next to start the wizard.
- There will be choices of installing a Local or Network printer. Choose Local printer attached to this printer, then click Next.
- A prompt for printer driver’s location will appear. Choose the directory of your driver or click on the printer CD.
- After the installation is finished, test your printer by right-clicking the printer icon and click properties. In that window, choose Print Test Page. Your printer should work properly
HP Officejet 8500 Printer Setup on Mac:
Setting up HP Officejet 8500 on Mac can be a bit difficult for some people due to several differences from the installation on Windows OS. This article will give you a brief explanation on how to set up your HP Officejet 8500 printer on Mac OS.
- First, you have to uninstall any other HP driver that exists on your Mac
- Disconnect your printer.
- Download the software driver on HP website.
- Open the driver and follow the installation wizards.
- After the installation is finished, go to the system preference by clicking Apple icon at the top right.
- Connect your printer via USB port and turn it on.
- Open Print and Fax and click on the plus button on the left side of the window to add a printer. Your new printer should appear on the list. If you didn’t find your printer name, redo step 1 to step 6 and make sure the driver for your current printer is installed properly.
- Click on your current printer model and click Choose a Driver or Printer Model, and then click Select Printer Software.
- Choose your printer from the list and click OK.
- Your printer should work properly.
HP Officejet 8500 Printers – Wireless Printer Setup
- Gather the following items:
- Network name: The network name is the SSID (Service Set Identifier).
- Network password: The password might also be called the WEP key or WPA security passphrase.
- A computer connected to your wireless network
- Internet access: HP recommends broadband Internet access such as cable or DSL for software downloads, using Web Services, and getting printer updates.
- Make sure the router and computer are turned on, and that the computer is connected to the same wireless network to which you want to connect the printer. Turn on the printer and place it close to the computer and within range of the router during the setup procedure.
- Disconnect any USB or Ethernet cables from the printer.
How Do I Perform a First-Time Scanner Setup
- If you have not installed the software and driver yet, go to www.driverhpsetup.com, enter your printer model number, and then click Download next to the full feature driver under Driver-Product Installation Software.Figure: Click Download next to the full feature driver
- Follow the guided setup instructions to connect the printer, and then when prompted to select software to install, select the recommended option that includes HP Scan.
- Place the document or photo printed side down on the scanner glass, and then close the scanner lid.If your printer has an automatic document feeder (ADF), you can use it to scan multiple page documents at one time. Do not load photos in the ADF to prevent damage to the photos and the printer.
- Try to scan from the printer. Many models have a Scan button or a touchscreen with a scanned menu. Select your computer name, if prompted, and a scan job type. Wait for the scan to complete, and then return to the computer. The folder the scan saved to automatically opens. Click the file with Scan in the name to view the scan.If your printer does not have a scan button, or you require additional scan functions, continue with these steps to scan from the computer with HP Scan software.
- Search Windows for ‘HP‘, click your printer model name in the results to open HP Printer Assistant and then click Scan a Document or Photo to open HP Scan.
NOTE:Two versions of HP Scan are available, depending on when your printer was released. Both provide similar functionality and let you start scans from the computer.Figure: HP Scan (2015 and later) and HP Scan (2014 and earlier)
- Click a shortcut that matches the file type and resulting action you want, and then change any of the available settings in the right pane. To change how scans are handled and saved to the computer, change the following settings.
- Change where scans save on the computer: Click Advanced Settings or More, click Destination, and then click Browse next to the Save to Folder or Save Location field to change the default scan destination folder.
- Click OK or the Save icon in the shortcut to save the settings.
- Repeat these steps for each scan shortcut, depending on your preferences for each scan job type.
|HP Officejet Pro Full Feature Software and Driver ( Windows 64-bit )||14.8.0||260.9 MB||Download|
|HP Officejet Pro Full Feature Software and Driver ( Windows 32-bit )||14.8.0||260.9 MB||Download|
|HP ePrint Software for Network and Wireless Connected Printers||22.214.171.12460||31.2 MB||Download|
|HP Print and Scan Doctor for Windows||5.1||10.6 MB||Download|
You do not need to go to one other site you will get an HP Officejet 8500 Driver at driverhpsetup.com which provides downloadable web links for drivers as well as software directly from HP’s main site. Just click on the web download link provided below and also follow the manual instructions or you can also download the user manual listed below to complete the available installation procedures.